Unforgettable Experiences

These adorable missionary kids :)

These past few weeks have been some of the most memorable of my mission time here in Kendu Adventist Hospital, Kenya. As my student missionary journey comes to a close, I find myself reflecting on all the experiences that have molded me and my relationship with God. The friendships I've made here are ones that I know will last a lifetime, and it's with a heavy heart that I prepare to say goodbye to them. 


My favorite neighborhood kids!

A few weeks ago, the four of us student missionaries were able to take an exciting spring break trip to the beautiful Kenyan coastal city of Mombasa. We spent our days exploring the stunning beaches and immersing ourselves in the rich culture and history of the region. 

The four of us at the beach!

Diani Beach

One of the highlights of our trip was when we decided to go scuba diving. We were able to witness the beauty of the coral reefs and swim alongside schools of colorful fish. It was an experience that left me in awe of the beauty of God's creation. 

Scuba diving for the first time!

Another of the most impactful experiences I've had here in Kenya was when we traveled up to West Pokot with a group of hospital staff to run a two-day clinic for those in need. I helped in the pharmacy and we were able to see almost 600 patients in total! It was amazing to witness how much of a difference we were able to make in such a short amount of time. It showed me the power of serving others and the impact we can have when we work together for a common goal.

Hannah and I wearing our name tags at the clinic!

Working in pharmacy

The Camp Clinic Team

This past weekend we also had the opportunity to visit a beautiful local church and once again witness the strength and beauty of the Kenyan faith community. We were welcomed into the home of one of the church members, and had an amazing fellowship all together. 

Our hosts for Sabbath

These last few days before Easter, I've been reflecting on all that Jesus has done for us. He sacrificed so much out of His love for us, and we have so many reasons to sing and praise Him. Even in the darkest moments, there is hope, and that's a message that really resonates with me.

As my time here in Kenya comes to a close, I know it will be difficult to leave, but I'm so grateful for everything I've seen and experienced here. The lessons I've learned and the memories I've made will stay with me forever, and I'll carry them with me wherever I go.

Vanessa, my closest friend from Nyaburi

Eating omena with friends at the dorm

Some of our nursing student friends

With Sophia at sunset

A song I’ve been listening to this week: 


Reason I sing

by Phil Wickham 


You brought me from darkness

And clothed me in garments of praise

Jesus, forever

My song will be You, yeah

I'm living in freedom

You've taken my burdens away

Jesus, forever

My song will be You

Only for You

For the cross that You bore and the debt that You paid

For the victory You won over death and the grave

This is the reason I sing

For the hope that You give and the joy that You bring

For the promise that Heaven is waiting for me

This is the reason I sing

Comments

  1. Felicidades Michaela, que Dios bendiga tus proyectos. Que bonita experiencia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michaela, We have enjoyed your Blogs during your mission trip to Africa. We love looking at the pictures and reading about all you and your friends are doing. We keep you in our daily prayers and are thankful God has been watching over you. We are looking forword to seeing you when you return home. Love ya lots, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts