Kwa Heri, Tanzania





    These past few months have been such a blessing in my life. I have shared only some of my favorite moments in this blog, but have so many more memories of my time here in Africa. 

Some of my favorite pediatric patients

Irene, one of my favorite kids at Heri Hospital

    Unfortunately, I have some news to share about my student mission year. My friends Becky and Erin only planned on staying for the first semester, and no other student missionaries are signed up to serve in Tanzania next semester. Southern Adventist University Missions Office didn’t feel comfortable with me staying on as the only student missionary at Heri Hospital, so I have been transferred over to Kendu Adventist Hospital in Kenya for the second semester of the year. 

Becky, Erin and I in our traditional dresses

    So, it was on a bitter sweet note that I had to say goodbye to my home at Heri Mission Hospital. It was hard to say farewell, but I am so happy to have made so many meaningful relationships with the people here. I will especially miss the children, who made a huge impact in my life.

Drawings the kids made for me on my last Sabbath

    On the bright side, the missionaries stationed in Kenya asked my parents if they could cover for them for the month of December while they are on leave. It seemed unlikely that they could get vacation and plan a trip so last minute, but God worked it out perfectly and they have joined me for the past few weeks at Kendu Bay. 

So good to be together again!

Getting to hang out with my siblings 

And of course, watching Argentina win the World Cup!

    God has showed me throughout my time as an SM that He is always providing for me, and that He has a plan that I can trust with my whole heart. I pray that I continue to wait on the Lord, so that He can lead me on His best paths throughout the rest of this year as a student missionary. 



The last Sabbath with my family, wearing our matching Nigerian outfits. Miss them already! 🤍

Kwa heri, Tanzania!

And Karibu, Kenya :)


A song that I’ve been listening to recently: 

What I’m Waiting For by DOE 

I’m waiting on a word only You can speak 
I’m waiting on a wind only You can bring 
Sounds like healing, freedom
resting, revelation 
I’m waiting on a word only You can speak 
So come on, word and spirit 
Come on, move the mountain 
Lead us through the desert 
Lead us to the fountain 
Springs of living water, leave me thirsty no more
I know what I’m waiting for 



Comments

  1. Hi Michaela, We enjoyed reading your latest blog. And also loved the pictures. We are glad you had a nice Christmas with your parents and siblings. Your green dress is beautiful! You are beautiful inside and out. We wish you a Happy New Year!! Love ya lots, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela! We are so proud of not you! You are going to love it as well in Kenya! I was there for 9months and loved it! May you have experiences that draws you closer to God and His purpose for your life 🙏🏿 We miss you here in Nigeria. Please post more often as time permits 🙏🏿❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria! Thank you for this comment! I miss all of you over there. Praying for you all too 🤍

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Michaela! I was thinking of you a lot yesterday. I was at your house watching over Michelle and Jonathan. Hope you had a special day. Michelle told me that the two other students are there now. That is nice. We are praying for you everyday that God will bless and keep you. We love you lots. Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma and Grandpa! I miss you guys! I am so happy you like reading my blogs 🤍 We need to call again soon! Love you both so much! 🤍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts